Saturday, March 03, 2007

RB prep

Got my running boards finished and ready for shipping to GA today. Jr. Locke did a great job of straightening the sandblasted boards, welding up the rust spots, and welding in new front edge pieces to strengthen that area, which was the weakest area of both boards. UPS gets them Monday and they should arrive at Hundley's by Wed. or Thurs. of this week.

Here's what they look like (hard thing to photograph!):

Bare running board

The channel braces are a little thin, but when I get them back I will paint the underside with several coats of POR-15. It does a great job of sealing and strengthening metal in this condition.

Here's what each board ended up costing me:

$75 to sandblast
$125 to weld and straighten
$600 to recover
$100 to ship both ways.

That makes $900, but well worth it in my mind. In fact, I'm thinking I should have another set done as a spare while the opportunity is there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home