Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Back to the hospital…

Ken dropped by last week and got to listen to the engine. He thinks it's a bad piston. We decided to take it back to his shop for the winter, pull the engine and go through it from A-Z. We'll also do a little body work while there. This summer some kid in a Jeep tried passing me on the right as I was trying to make a right turn, in spite of my obvious hand signal (he thought it meant I was turning left, even though there was no where to turn on the left!). Fortunately, he only barely creased the RR fender, but got enough of it to break the paint.

Anyway, it ain't over yet – and probably never will be. This week I also sprang a leak in the coupe's water pump. They don't build 'em like they used to, which is a good thing. Old cars take a lot of maintenance, mostly fun to do, but also a lot of work.

Thanks readers for your suggestions on how to deal with the problem. Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home