Monday, June 11, 2007

Baby gets her 1st bath…

You don't really know a car until you carefully wash and wax it, eh? Today was the first time for washing and waxing the cabrio, and I do feel like I know it/her better now. In the process, I found some places that need touching up and a couple that need buffing, but mostly I learned … this car leaks like a sieve!

I tried to stay away from the side windows with the hose, but did test the windshield and rear window, both of which leaked. The top also seems to leak around the rear bow seam, so I have some work to do there. Not that I expect to drive it in the rain, but sometimes you just can't avoid it.

Otherwise, it cleaned up very nicely and I am very pleased with the result. It also drives very nicely. Not as peppy as the coupe, but it steers, rides and handles a little better.

The last piece to do will be the top boot cover, for which I have an appointment to have made in July. Here are some pictures.









I think I am on solid ground by claiming this is the most original 1936 Pontiac Master 6 cabriolet in existence, or for that matter the most original '36 Pontiac cabriolet of any series. I tried to get it as close to factory original as possible and think I largely succeeded.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home