Thursday, December 04, 2008

A new theory…

Ken picked up the cabriolet last weekend and it is now back in his shop. The latest theory about the engine knock? Someone whose mechanical skill Ken respects heard it run and thinks it is a bad valve spring. Let's hope that's true: much easier to fix than a bad piston or piston pin! I plan to get up there mid-January and start tearing into it. Ken will be fixing a mild dent in the RR fender – some kid in a Jeep who didn't know hand signals tried passing me on the right this summer as I was making a right turn. Fortunately he only grazed me. I also hope to switch out the mid-range ring and pinion to the high ratio (4.11!) version if I can find the right speedometer gear to match. Same as a '34 Chevy, so maybe I'll get lucky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home